Our boathouse is located in the Northwest Maritime Center in Port Townsend at the intersection of the historic downtown district and Point Hudson.
- Steps from the beach
- Spectacular mountain and saltwater views
- At the center of historical wooden boat capital Port Townsend
- High ceilings and concrete floors
- Access to expansive decks and outdoor commons
- Wooden Boat shop and chandlery
- Center of the Wooden Boat Festival
- Velocity coffee house for after our morning rows.
- Concept2 ergometers for indoor rowing or rowing on the waterfront deck.
The boat bays are home to both private and club-owned shells. Wooden and fiberglass singles, doubles, quads, sweep boats and the Octet .
The club has ergs in both the boathouse and the rec center. The boathouse ergs are free & the slides are back so you can hook the ergs together.
The rec center requires an annual waiver to be signed plus $1/day to use the ergs & weights in the room. No need to sign up for the ergs in either place.
On the Concept2 website you can keep an on-line logbook if you want to–be sure to choose Rat Island as your affiliation & check “Yes” to be included on our list.