It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion and when you’re rowing well, why it’s nearing perfection. You’re touching the divine. It touches the you of you’s, which is your soul.
-George Yeomans Pocock
Benefits of Membership:
Rowing is a low-impact sport that utilizes all major muscle group of the body. But you won’t just be building muscle power and endurance – you’ll be building great friendships.
- Unlimited rowing in a variety of shells – eights, fours, quads – Supported by a safety launch during Open Rows
- Use of the ergs.
- Participation in regattas and races
- Use of wherries on Port Townsend Bay
- Use of singles and a double on Lake Leland
- Ability to invite Guest rowers (see guest rower page)
- Coached sessions from experienced club members and professional coaches (extra fee).
MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR THE 2017-2018
Past RIRSC Member?
Welcome back! We’ve streamlined the renewal forms into one packet.
Complete instructions in the Membership Registration Form
Never Rowed Before?
We’re here to help you every step of the way, starting with these three steps. Visit our Novice section on the website for more info and lots of tips on how to go from novice to club rower.
1. Follow this link for all information on the Learn-to-Row Program
New but Don’t Need Learn-to-Row class? (Includes LTR grads)
Experienced scull and sweep rowers are always welcome to join.
Committed to Rowing but Need Financial Assistance?
Apply for a Scholarship. Read more about it on our Scholarship Application form.